What’s included with this service?
- Setup of customer-supplied air conditioner in existing room
- Mounting air conditioner in unmodified window frame
- Power check and plug in to existing outlet
- Air conditioner test, instructions, and clean up
Why should I hire a pro to install my air conditioner?
Getting a new air conditioner—awesome. Watching that new air conditioner fall backwards out of your window to the ground—not so awesome. Even installations that seem like they’ll be easy can go wrong in any number of ways. Handing off the air conditioner installation to a pro, who has the experience to do an air conditioner installation that is sturdy, lasting, and straightforward, can often be the best way to go. A pro can help you determine the right location, as well, for your air conditioner installation. Factors would include available outlet locations, sun exposure, and windowsill width, materials, and strength.
- 1: Make sure your windowsill is solid. If your windowsill has rot or damage, or if the paint is peeling, it can be tough for the air conditioner to be supported properly. If you’re not sure your windowsill will be adequate, a good option is to have a window air conditioner mounting bracket on hand, in case the pro needs to add extra stability.
- 2: Choose the right room and window. The best room for an air conditioner installation is one that’s on the second or third level of your home, or any room above a garage. Bedrooms are typically a good choice, to make summer-time sleeping easier. The window you choose should ideally be shaded throughout most of the day, be right above a power outlet, and should not be in a corner, but rather in the middle of one wall of the room.
- 3: Choose the right air conditioner. Make sure your new air conditioner is rated to cool a room the size of the one you have in mind. Also, the most effective air conditioners dehumidify the air, as well as cool it, so you may want to make sure the air conditioner you purchase includes dehumidification.
- 4: Make sure your air conditioner is in the room where it will be installed before your pro arrives. Moving the air conditioner long distances or up flights of stairs is not included in this service.
What steps are involved in an air conditioner installation?
Your pro will install your air conditioner in your window, attach it to an electrical supply, verify that the air conditioner is working properly, and tidy up the packaging for disposal in your trash can or recycling bin. The pro will not be prepared to carry the air conditioner long distances, or up flights of stairs, so please make sure your air conditioner is sitting in the room you plan to have it installed when your pro arrives.
Shop Amazon air conditioners
Amazon has a wide selection of air conditioners to help you find the right unit for your home and needs, whether that’s a window air conditioner, portable air conditioner, sliding casement air conditioner, or an air conditioner accessory.